Ideas for the new Saddleback College mascot were accepted through March 2. Students, employees, alumni, and community members were invited to submit ideas.
Saddleback College's mascot should meet the following criteria:
- Be unifying for the Saddleback College campus and community;
- Present a positive image or ideal that will build enthusiasm and campus/team spirit;
- Be broadly relevant across the Saddleback community, the student body, and generations of alumni;
- Be representative of the Saddleback experience, history, or geography, either generally or specifically;
- Work equally well for women’s and men’s sports teams; and
- Be represented in a visually pleasing way that connects to Saddleback College’s values