Saddleback College Announces Mascot Semifinalists
The Saddleback College workgroup charged with overseeing the mascot selection process has selected 21 semifinalists to be considered for the college mascot. The workgroup made their choices among the more than 330 entries submitted by students, college employees, alumni, and community members.
The 21 semifinalists are:
The workgroup used the following criteria in the selection of the 21 semifinalists:
The Saddleback College mascot should:
- Be unifying for the Saddleback College campus and community;
- Present a positive image or ideal that will build enthusiasm and campus/team spirit;
- Be broadly relevant across the Saddleback community, the student body, and generations of alumni;
- Be representative of the Saddleback experience, history, or geography, either generally or specifically;
- Work equally well for women’s and men’s sports teams; and
- Be represented in a visually pleasing way that connects to Saddleback College’s values
Forums will be held in April to present the semifinalists and provide time for discussion. A ranking survey will be held at the end of each session to help determine the list of finalists. The forums will be held on the following dates (click on one of the forums below to register. Please choose only one forum).
Wednesday, April 7, 9 am (athletics)
Wednesday, April 7, 10 am (all)
Thursday, April 8, 12 pm (all)
Friday, April 9, 4 pm (all)