Saddleback College is committed to helping students select appropriate level courses to provide the greatest chance for their academic success. Information relating to prerequisites, co-requisites, and recommended preparations are printed in bold as part of the course descriptions in the catalog and indicated by a "LOCK" symbol next to the UNITS heading in the online schedule of classes. All prerequisites are set by the academic divisions and are enforced by the college. Students must clear any and all prerequisites before they are eligible to register for the target course. Clearances can take 3 to 5 business days to evaluate so please plan ahead!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to the Matriculation office or the appropriate division office to have prerequisites cleared.
Procedures and Guidelines for Clearing Prerequisites
Students are responsible for meeting and/or clearing all prerequisites for any course in which they plan to enroll in prior to their registration date. Prerequisite evaluation can take up to 5 business days to complete so please plan ahead by submitting your request at least 2 weeks prior to your registration period to avoid registration delays.
Procedures for Clearing Prerequisites
- Check all document requirements in the section below.
- Acquire and prepare your documents. The online form allows for 2 document uploads so you will want to save your documents into one PDF file or use a ZIP compression tool to ZIP all files into one.
- Make sure your name and the college name and/or logo are visible on your transcripts.
- If you have submitted official documents, please select that option when completing the evaluation request form.
- Complete and submit the online Saddleback College Prerequisite Evaluation Request form
- Check your prerequisite clearance (see instructions below)
Document Requirements for Clearing Prerequisites
Document requirements may differ for the specific prerequisite you are attempting to clear. Please see the web pages below for specific requirements before submitting your evaluation request.
Checking Your Prerequisite Clearances
- Check your MySite student portal under My Information > Matriculation > Placement Info to see your Math and/or English evaluation results.
- Students can check all prerequisite clearances by adding the course(s) they wish to register for into the Saddleback College shopping cart (inside the class schedule) and a Pre-registration check is performed. If a prerequisite has been cleared, you will not receive a prerequisite error message. If this class is currently in your shopping cart you will need to remove it and add it back in to check the current status.
- Some prerequisite evaluations do not show up in MySite at this time so you may be notified by that specific department when the evaluation has been completed.