Course Incompletes

Incomplete academic work for unforeseeable and justifiable reasons at the end of the term may result in an "I" symbol being entered in the student's record. The condition for removal of the "I" and the grade to be assigned in lieu of its removal is stated by the instructor in a written record at the conclusion of the class. A copy of the record is given to the student and the original is filed in the Office of Admissions and Records.

A final grade is assigned when the work stipulated has been completed and evaluated or when the time limit for completing the work has passed. The "I" may be made up no later than one year following the end of the term in which it was assigned. A student may petition for an extension of time due to unusual circumstances before the time limit has passed. Petitions may be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records.

The "I" grade is not used in calculating the grade-point average but excessive "I's" are used as a factor in progress probation and dismissal procedures.