Prerequisites can be cleared at Saddleback College using specific Alternative Evidence. Students who have completed equivalent coursework or passed the appropriate AP Exam may submit their evidence for evaluation and possible prerequisite clearance. Review the accepted evidence options below. If you have suitable evidence, submit the Saddleback College Prerequisite Request Form.
High School Transcripts
Some prerequisites at Saddleback College can be cleared with a high school transcript. Please see the Saddleback College Catalog or Class Schedule to determine if a high school transcript can be used to clear your prerequisite. Students may submit a district-issued or school-issued copy of their high school transcript, official or unofficial. (Note: student/parent portal transcripts and grade reports are not accepted.)
A district or school-issued transcript looks similar to the image on the right.
Only specific prerequisites can be cleared with a high school transcript, so please check the College Catalog.
Students can create an account with Parchment to download a free, district-issued version of their high school transcript: https://www.parchment.com/order/
Note: If you have not previously used Parchment, you may have to request that Parchment obtain a current transcript from your high school. Once you have downloaded a free copy of your transcript, upload it for evaluation using the secure online submission form: Prerequisite Evaluation Request.
Other U.S. Regionally Accredited College Transcripts
Students that have completed coursework at other U.S. accredited college with completed and passed math courses with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript to clear a prerequisite.
- All unofficial college transcripts MUST include the student's name and the college name and/or logo.
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on a transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college transcript cannot be used.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- All courses to be evaluated must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
In some cases, in-progress courses can be used to clear a prerequisite but must be visible on the students transcript as "In-Progress".
- Degree Audits or Degree Checks and enrollment verification documents are not considered transcripts and cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word or Publisher. Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document will not be accepted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to the Matriculation office or the appropriate division office to have prerequisites cleared.
AP Exam Scores
Students may submit a College Board AP exam score report with a score of 3 or higher to clear many prerequisites at Saddleback College.
- AP credit on other college transcripts cannot be used.
- College Board AP exam score reports can be accessed online if taken after 2015.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students must submit original College Board AP exam results with a score of 3 or higher to be accepted. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit this unofficial copy with your prerequisite evaluation request.