Initial Math and English Placement (step 2 of the Matriculation Process) is used as an indicator of the course levels a student should begin with and clears prerequisites for these courses. Placement can be obtained using one of the following methods.
Please Note: Testing for initial math and English placement is no longer an option.
Option 1: Guided Self Placement Tool
All students completing the Matriculation Process can receive both math and English placement now in about 10 minutes using the Guided Self Placement Tool. Clicking on the link below will direct you to your MySite Student Portal where you can complete your math and English placement without the wait time of a high school transcript evaluation! This option does not require you to submit any transcripts.
GSP Link: Guided Self Placement Tool
Option 2: Submit a High School Transcript
Submit an Initial Math and English Placement Request and a district or school issued copy of your high school transcript showing successful completion of math and English courses through the 11th grade with a 3.0 or higher overall non-weighted GPA. Average processing time for a high school transcript evaluation is approximately 3 - 5 business days.
District-issued transcripts are available through Parchment. If your high school uses Parchment, students can log into their account or create an account and download a free District-issued version of their transcript. You may have to request that Parchment obtains your transcript from your high school before a free download version is available. https://www.parchment.com/order/
Please note: foreign, student/parent portal, and home school transcripts cannot be used for this process. Please use, Option 1 above, the Guided Self Placement tool to complete this step.
Online form: Initial Math and English Placement request
District-issued transcripts look similar to the image on the right.
Course placement requires a Non-Weighted GPA similar to the box
below, located on the bottom of the high school transcript.
Document Requirements and Submission Guidelines
- C- grades are not considered passing at Saddleback College.
- High school transcripts must have completed coursework through the 11th grade.
- All unofficial transcripts MUST include the student's name and the institution's name or logo.
- All courses to be considered must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera will NOT be accepted.
- Foreign and home school transcripts are not accepted.
- Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document or email will not be accepted.