Current Assessment Process

Initial Math and English Placement (step 2 of the Matriculation Process) is used as an indicator of the course levels a student should begin with and clears prerequisites for these courses. Placement can be obtained using one of the following methods.
Please Note: Testing for initial math and English placement is no longer an option.

    Option 1: Guided Self Placement Tool

    If you are requesting Baseline Placement or have provided your high school transcript data on your Saddleback College application, you are welcome to use the NEW GSP tool in MySite. Clicking on the link below will direct you to your MySite Student Portal where you can complete your math and English placement in about 20 minutes! 

    GSP Link: Guided Self Placement Tool

    Option 2: Submit a High School Transcript

    District versions of a high school transcript Students may submit an unofficial district issued copy of their high school transcript showing successful completion of math and English courses completed through the 11th grade (3 years of data on a single transcript is required) with a 3.0 or higher overall non-weighted GPA.
    Please note: foreign, student or parent portal and home school transcripts are not accepted.

    Online form: Initial Math and English Placement request

    District transcripts look similar to the image on the right:
    Course placement uses a Non-Weighted GPA similar to the box
    below that is located on the bottom of your high school transcript:

    High school transcript non-weighted GPA

    Document Requirements and Submission Guidelines

    • C- grades are not considered passing at Saddleback College.
    • High school transcripts must have completed coursework through the 11th grade.
    • All unofficial transcripts MUST include the student's name and the institution's name or logo.
    • All courses to be considered must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
    • Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera will NOT be accepted.
    • Foreign and home school transcripts are not accepted.
    • Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document or email will not be accepted.