Saddleback College is committed to helping students select appropriate level courses to provide the greatest chance for their academic success. Information relating to prerequisites, co-requisites, and recommended preparations are printed in bold as part of the course descriptions in the catalog and indicated by a "LOCK" symbol below the Units heading in the online schedule of classes.
The Matriculation Office clears courses that have a math or English prerequisite. For all other prerequisite evaluations, contact the division office where the course originates. Students are responsible for meeting and/or clearing all prerequisites for any course in which they plan to enroll in, a minimum of 2 weeks prior to their registration date. Please plan ahead to avoid registration delays. Students are not allowed to register or hold a seat in the target course while their prerequisite is being evaluated.
Click on the following link for a complete list of prerequisites that are cleared in the Matriculation Office. Matriculation Prerequisite List
Note: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to Matriculation or the appropriate division office to have any prerequisite cleared.
Procedures and Guidelines for Clearing Math and English Prerequisites
- Complete a Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form and submit to the Matriculation Office.
- Attach an unofficial transcripts that include the student's name, the college name, and a completed course with a letter or a (CR) credit grade. NOTE: Degree Audits or Checks are not transcripts and cannot be used for this evaluation.
- Courses submitted for evaluation must have a passing grade of C or better. C- grades are NOT accepted as a passing grade at Saddleback college.
- The Matriculation Office does not do On-The-Spot transcript evaluations. Transcript evaluation can take up to 5 business days to complete so please submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to your registration period.
- When a student's prerequisite evaluation is complete the results are posted in their My Site account. The Matriculation office cannot provide evaluation results over the phone or email.
NOTE: Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluation. Please print, scan and email, fax, or drop off all documents at Village 8-5.
NOTE: Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word or Publisher. Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document will not be accepted.
NOTE: Degree Audits or Checks are not transcripts and cannot be used for math and/or English evaluations.
Forms and Help Documents
- Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form
- Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form help (other Calif. community college assessment exams)
- Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form help (AP exams)
- Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form help (other college math and English courses)