Math course prerequisites can be cleared at Saddleback College using specific Alternative Evidence. Students who have completed equivalent coursework or passed the appropriate AP Exam may submit their evidence for evaluation and possible prerequisite clearance. Review the accepted evidence options below. If you have suitable evidence, submit the Saddleback College Prerequisite Request Form.
High School Transcripts
Students may submit a district-issued or school-issued copy of their high school transcript, official or unofficial. (Note: student/parent portal transcripts and grade reports are not accepted.) The high school transcript must contain the following: successful completion of equivalent math courses with an adequate overall, non-weighted GPA. For math prerequisite clearance, completion of grades 9th-11th is the standard (3 years of data on a single transcript). A student who has not yet completed 11th grade may still submit their transcript for evaluation, but the request may be denied.
Please note: Homeschool and foreign high school transcripts are not accepted.
A district-issued transcript looks similar to the image on the right.
Prerequisite clearance requires a Non-Weighted GPA, similar to the box
below, which is usually located at the bottom of the high school transcript.
Students can create an account with Parchment to download a free, district-issued version of their high school transcript: https://www.parchment.com/order/
Note: If you have not previously used Parchment, you may have to request that Parchment obtain a current transcript from your high school. Once you have downloaded a free copy of your transcript, you can upload it for evaluation using the secure online submission form: Prerequisite Evaluation Request.
Other U.S. Regionally Accredited College Transcripts
Students that have completed coursework at other U.S. accredited college with completed and passed math courses with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript to clear a math prerequisite.
- All unofficial college transcripts MUST include the student's name, the college name or logo.
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on a transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college transcript cannot be used.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- All courses to be evaluated must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
- Degree Audits or Degree Checks and enrollment verification documents are not considered transcripts and cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word or Publisher. Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document will not be accepted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to the Matriculation office or the appropriate division office to have prerequisites cleared.
AP Calculus or Stats Exam Scores
Students may submit an AP Calculus AB or BC exam score report with a score of 3 or higher. AP Stats exams with a score of 3 or higher can only be used to clear the Psychology 2 prerequisite.
- AP scores on other college or high school transcripts cannot be used.
- College Board AP exam score reports can be accessed online if taken after 2015.
Note: You must submit original College Board AP English/Calculus results with a score of 3 or higher to be accepted. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit that copy for evaluation.