Saddleback College's 3-step Matriculation Process was designed to assist college students with achieving specific educational goals: earning a Certificate, Associate Degree, or Transfer to a 4-year college or university. The Matriculation Process includes an Online Orientation, Initial Math and English Placement, and Advisement including a First Semester Educational Plan. Students are assigned a matriculation status of 'Required' or 'Not Required' when they apply for admission to Saddleback College. Based off application data, most first-time college students are required.
Exemption criteria includes the following:
- completed 30+ college units at the time of admission
- earned an AA/AS degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- concurrently enrolled 4-year college or university student taking classes to meet degree requirements
- taking non-academic or non-credit classes for educational development (KNES, AESL, EI)
- dual-enrolled in grades K-12 (Special Admission)
Special Services Note: If you have a physical, communication, or visual limitation that might require accommodation or if you have extreme difficulty with reading, writing, spelling, math or understanding/remembering information, please contact the Special Services Office at 949-582-4885.