Counseling Courses Help Students Determine Major

For Immediate Release: 
July 21, 2014

As of fall 2014, new students who want to earn a Saddleback College certificate, Associate Degree, or want to transfer must complete an Academic Plan called MAP. The MAP requires a student to declare a major prior to completing 15 units or three semesters (which ever comes first). Two counseling courses offered this fall will help new students determine their major while earning transferable credit. 

The courses being offered are: Counseling 140 - Educational and Vocational Planning and Counseling 160 - Career and Vocational Exploration. Visit the class schedule to get more information about each course and find times that fit your fall schedule. 

For questions about MAP, contact the Counseling Office at 949-582-4572 or visit their website.