Utilizing external and internal scans and other planning documents, decisions are made about the strategic directions of the college and the goals and strategies needed to move in those directions. Once a strategic plan is finalized, it will largely inform budgeting and other resource allocation decisions in conjunction with the needs of instructional programs and administrative units on campus as expressed in completed Program and Administrative Unit Reviews. The strategic plan will not predetermine decisions. Instead, it will provide a guide or framework within which decision making will take place.
2014-2020 Strategic Goals
- Goal 1:
Saddleback College will foster an environment characterized by creativity, innovation, respectful interactions, and collaboration.
- Objective 1.1: Recognize and support innovative ideas that improve collaboration and respectful interactions district-wide.
- Objective 1.2: Improve district climate in the areas of optimism, commitment, and respectful collaboration.
- Objective 1.3: Improve the representative process through active engagement and communication.
- Objective 1.4: Increase professional development that potentiates employees’ talents and interests.
- Objective 1.5: Improve training for all employees to increase college and district-wide understanding of organizational structure, resources, processes, and procedures.
- Goal 2: Saddleback College will promote students' success by enhancing the teaching and learning environment.
- Objective: 2.1 Increase student completion rates (degrees, certificates, and transfer) while preserving access, enhancing quality, and closing achievement gaps.
- Objective: 2.2 Increase professional development opportunities, for all employees that are focused on student success outcomes.
- Objective: 2.3 Increase opportunities for student engagement inside and outside of the classroom, evidenced by co-curricular participation, student services, and instructional support.
- Goal 3: Saddleback College will advance economic and workforce development through regional partnerships with educational institutions and industry and by strengthening career technical education.
- Objective 3.1: Formalize collaborative partnerships with the business community and regional educational institutions to support workforce development.
- Objective 3.2: Improve alignment between workforce development offerings and regional job opportunities.
- Objective 3.3: Establish a training/education delivery structure (infrastructure) that will work in collaboration with industry to identify training needs, develop customized curriculum, and provide workforce training that is current, relevant and future oriented for at least one State sector.
- Objective 3.4: Improve the college collaborative work experience programs by developing employer partnerships and increasing placements of Saddleback students in internships.
- Goal 4: Saddleback College will strengthen long-term financial health and institutional effectiveness through integrated planning and resource allocation.
- Objective 4.1: Systematically assess the effectiveness of planning and resource allocation district-wide.
- Objective 4.2: Improve processes and procedures for efficiency, effectiveness, and responsiveness district-wide.
- Objective 4.3: Develop and initiate multi-year financial planning.
Strategic Planning Updates: Public Sharing
2016 District-wide Planning Update/Retreat
2016 College Strategic Planning Update to District Planning Council
2016 Annual College Strategic Planning Update
- Strategic Planning Group I
- Strategic Planning Group II
- Strategic Planning Group III
- Strategic Planning Group IV
2014 Internal Scan - Report SOCCCD Climate Survey
Internal Scan Executive Summary
2009 Employee Survey Results (with comments)
2009 Employee Survey Crosstabs
2008 Student Survey (with comments)
2008 Student Gap Survey