Information for Students: Fall 2021
Saddleback College promises to pay the first two years of college for eligible students. Registration fees, support for book costs, health fee, and ASB stamp are included!
Who Is Eligible?
First-time college students who will be attending Saddleback College full-time in Fall 2021
Eligible students must:
- Be first-time college students; this program is for students who have never attended college (Dual/Concurrent enrollment students, Special Admit students, and other high school students who took college classes while still in high school are still eligible for the Promise Program)
- Be California residents or be eligible by AB 540/Dream Act status
- Register for Saddleback College courses and identify Saddleback as “College of Record”
- Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application by April 1, 2021
- Submit all required financial aid documentation by June 1, 2021
- Enroll in 12 units or more each semester of enrollment to include enrollments in:
- Math and/or English during the first semester
Requirements for Year 2 of the Promise Program (Fall 2022)
- See a counselor once per semester (by October 2021 and by April 2022)
- Complete 2022-23 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and submit all required financial aid documentation by June 1, 2022
- Complete at least 24 units by the end of the spring 2022 semester
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 by the end of the spring 2022 semester
- Be on track to achieve the math and English classes required for the student’s academic goal
If you have questions about eligibility or the requirements you must complete to be part of the Fall 2021 Promise Program cohort, please contact Georgina Martinez.