Information for Students: 2019-2020 Academic Year
Saddleback College promises to pay the first two years of college for eligible students. Registration fees and book costs are included!
Who can apply?
Saddleback College-area graduating high school seniors who successfully complete COUN 100 course with a “C” grade or better during the spring 2019 semester, and whose calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is less than 20,000 annually (the calculated EFC is determined after all financial aid documentation has been submitted to the Financial Aid Office).
Eligible students must:
- Qualify as a California resident or be eligible by AB 540/Dream Act status
- Register for Saddleback College courses and identify Saddleback as “College of Record”
- Enroll in COUN 100 at a CUSD or SVUSD high school or COUN 100 online course during the spring 2019 semester
- Complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application by April 2, 2019
- Complete the Saddleback College Promise Application by April 2, 2019
- Submit all required financial aid documentation by May 2, 2019
- Enroll in 15 units or more for fall 2019 and spring 2020 to include enrollments in:
- Math and/or English each semester
- Tutoring (TU 300—Supervised Tutoring)
Requirements for Year 2 of the Promise Program (2020-2021 Academic Year)
- See a counselor once per semester (by October 2019 and by April 2020)
- Complete 2020-21 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and submit all required financial aid documentation
- Complete 30 units by the end of the spring 2020 semester
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 by the end of the spring 2020 semester
- Be on track to achieve the math and English classes required for the student’s academic goal
Space is limited. Promise Program application deadline is April 2, 2019.