THEATRE, PERFORMANCE & CULTURE - TA 128 - SUMMER 2020
Dates: June 27 – July 18, 2020
Information Meeting: TBA
Program Contact: Professor Bill McGuire
Go global! Go Abroad! We're headed to Ireland for another extraordinary journey! Join us for an exploration of Irish culture through the arts, including theatre, film, dance, music and visual arts. This summer abroad course is open to EVERYONE, and students get applicable course credit.
One week in Dublin at Trinity College including delightful welcome dinner, city tour, Dublin Literary Pub crawl, plays at the Abbey Theatre with private back stage tour, events at famous theatres, special guest lectures by Irish dramatic literary scholars, film viewing, time in the National Galleries and Libraries viewing works by the Yeats brothers and much more!
Two weeks in Galway in beautiful housing!!
Home of the famous and cutting edge Druid Theatre!
Amazing events at the International Galway Film Festival and Galway Arts Festival!
Day trip to the timeless Aran Islands inspiring artists from Synge to McDonough! Farewell dinner!
All included in the cost!
Days off to explore the beautiful country at your leisure.
Come one, come all to the to explore ancient burial tombs, cutting edge cultural events, and the great heritage of Irish dramatic literature and cinema from Yeats to Synge to Friel to McDonough.
Ireland as seen through the intimate eyes of the artist!
- Students interested in this program should contact Bill McGuire at email@example.com.
- Program Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due to confirm and hold your place on the trip. Here is the link to set up and make your deposits and payments:
Approximate cost: $3,295
Included in Program Price:
- Accommodation in student apartments
- Welcome dinner and Dublin city tour
- One week in Dublin (some lunches included)
- Two weeks in Galway
- Theatre performances and film screenings
- Dublin literary pub crawl
- Backstage tour of Abbey Theatre
- Entrance fees to Dublin museums
- Film and Arts Festival admissions in Galway
- Ferry trip to the Aran Islands
- Trip to the Cliffs of Moher
- Farewell dinner in Galway
- Much more
Not Included in Program Price:
- Airfare from LAX to Dublin
- Passport fee
- Personal expenses
- Course fees
For more information, contact Bill McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org