CDE Educational Funding

Funding is provided by the Child Development Training Consortium, a federal, quality improvement block grant administered through California Department of Education Early Learning and Care Division to support the educational progress of Child Development students. Funds received may be recorded on students' 1098-T forms. 

Instructions to Determine Eligibility and Complete the Application Process

Step One: Determine if you are eligible. You must be able to answer “yes” to both of the questions below.

1.  Are taking courses at Saddleback that could apply to any level of the Child Development Permit? (This includes both CDE and/or GE courses. If you are a Child Development major who only taking General Education courses you may submit an application for GE classes only in any semester) YES/NO

2.  Are you currently working in California with children ages 0-5 in a licensed or license exempt setting in one of the roles below*? YES/NO

  • Child Center staff
  • Family Childcare providers
  • Before/After School Care staff
  • Transitional Kindergarten teachers

*Nannies are not eligible

Step Two: If you are eligible, complete the Student Profile Application: 

If you answered “yes” to both questions, you are eligible to complete the Student Profile Application linked here on the Child Development Training Consortium Home Page

You will see a big green bar across the top that says “Student Profile Application”

Note: If you attend other colleges, even IVC, during the same semester, you must submit a separate application to each college listing the classes you took only at the college you are submitting the application to.

Note: If you are applying for more than one semester or term, complete a separate online application and signed form for each semester. 

***Review the list linked here to avoid common errors when completing your application*** 

After completing the online portion:

  • PRINT the completed 2 page application pdf, sign, and
  • GET your employer's signature, printed name and title in the correct spots on the application. If the form you print does not have spaces for signatures, it is not the correct form.
  • SCAN both pages and make sure the document is legible when viewed and/or printed. Check this yourself before sending -if it looks blurry or dark to you, it will look the same to me.
  • ATTACH and EMAIL your document to me at this email Do not send an unidentified document: The file name of the document AND the subject line of the email need to be clear. I suggest yourlastnameCDTCApp for your file name, and CDTC App for your subject line.

Due Dates:

  • Fall Application Due Date: October 15th         Spring Application Due Date March 13th
  • Late applications will be processed at 2nd priority.
  • Confirmation emails will be sent by two weeks after the due dates.
  • If you do not receive a confirmation by the relevant date please check with the coordinator, June Millovich
  • Grade and Documentation Due Dates: January 10th for Fall and Summer Classes and June 10th for Spring Classes
  • Late final documentation will NOT be considered. No exceptions.
Two Documents are required to complete the process:
  1. A screenshot or scan of your MYSITE grade report
  2. A screenshot of your Student Evaluation confirmation page

Paper copies are not accepted.

All verification must be emailed to June Millovich, Campus Coordinator. 

Make sure the file attachments and the subject line of the email have clear identification of what they are.

If you have any questions please ask.