Educational Funding for CDE Students
Please Check Back After September 1st, 2021 for Updated Applications. In the meantime make sure your MAP is completed and approved. https://www.saddleback.edu/counseling/My-Academic-Plan
Saddleback CDE students may be eligible for education stipends are funded by the Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) for eligible students. CDTC administers a federal, quality improvement block grant administered through the CA Department of Education to support the progress of Child Development students. Funds received may be recorded on students' 1098-T forms.
The Saddleback CDTC program can only accept applications for Saddleback courses. If you are taking courses at other colleges, they may also have the same program and you would apply through them for the units taken there.
Step One: Determine if you are eligible.
You must be able to answer “yes” to all three of the questions below:
- Are taking courses that could apply to any level of the Child Development Permit? This includes both CDE and/or General Education courses in English, Language Arts, Humanities, Social Behavioral Sciences, Science, Math, Fine Arts, and Physical Fitness
- YES?-Go on to the next question
- NO? You are not eligible, check with the financial aid office for other financial opportunities.
Are you currently working in California with children ages 0-5 in a licensed or license-exempt setting in one of the roles below? Nannies are not eligible.
- Child Center staff
- Family Childcare providers
- Before/After School Care staff
- Transitional Kindergarten teachers
YES? Go on to the next question
NO? You are not eligible. Check with the financial aid office for other funding opportunities
3. Major Pathway
3. Is your Major at Saddleback identified as Child Development and/or Education and you have completed a MAP?
YES? Go on to step 2.
NO? Contact Admissions and Records and the Counseling Department to identify your major and create your MAP otherwise, you are not eligible.
Step Two: If you are eligible, complete the Student Profile Application:
Complete the Student Profile Application linked here on the (Check back after September 1, 2021 for current year's link)
Note: If you attend other colleges, even IVC, during the same semester, you must submit a separate application to each college listing the classes you took only at the college you are submitting the application to.
Note: If you are applying for more than one semester or term, complete a separate online application and signed form for each semester.
Due Dates: Fall Application Due Date: TBA Spring Application Due Date TBA
If you have any questions please ask.