Child Development Permit

Child Development Permit Applications Fast-Tracked and Funded!

Why process your permit through Saddleback CDE Department?

The Saddleback CDE Department is approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process Child Development Permit Applications. The CDE Department also works with the Child Development Training Consortium which pays for the cost of some permit levels. 

To utilize the fast-tracked process and have your permit paid for and livescan fees reimbursed by CDTC  you must submit your paperwork through Saddleback CDE Department. Directions are below.

Child Development Permit applications eligible for the current CTC waiver may still benefit from processing by the CDTC Stipend Program. The CDTC reimburses $49 of live scan fees to eligible applicants, reviews all applications for completeness, and provides technical support via email for most corrections, often resulting in a smoother process for the applicant.

2022-2023Academic Year:

All levels of the permit including upgrades and renewals are funded.


Step 1: Determine the Child Development Permit level you qualify for

There are two pathways to qualify for a Permit. Choose the best match for you:

  • Option 1 for candidates who have work experience in early childhood settings
  • Option 2 for candidates who have an AA/AS, BA/BS, MA/MS or Teaching or Administrative Credential

Next, identify the level you qualify for

If your degree was not obtained in the United States, you must have it evaluated by one of these agencies: Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agencies

If any of the courses you need for the permit are currently in progress, wait until you have completed them before completing your application.

Step 2: Complete the Online Application


Open and complete the pages that are applicable to your particular permit level and option.  

Signature Page: On page 12, you will be required to sign with a digital signature. When you click the "sign here" you will be prompted to complete a digital signature identity. You must complete this process and sign with that identity in order for your form to be processed.

2022 2023 Permit Application Package

Note about Transcripts: If you have completed all of the necessary courses at Saddleback or IVC and are applying for the Assistant, Associate, Teacher, or Master Teacher level, you do not need to send transcripts to CDTC. Simply include your student ID number in the email to June with your application.

Once the online application has been completed, go on to Step 3:

Step 3: Save and Submit your Completed Documents for Fast-Tracked Processing


Submission Format: Once you complete the application, save all pages in pdf format and email it and any other required documents (such as livescan and employment verification) to June Millovich, CDTC Campus Coordinator, for the fast-tracking cover sheet and processing.

Applications are ONLY processed electronically. Paper documents are not accepted. 

  • Make sure to have a very clear subject line such as (your name) Permit Application
  • If you are unable to scan or combine your documents into one single pdf, make sure to attach all documents to ONE email. 
  • If you do not have a scanner, try the free app Adobe Scan or one of these free scanning apps: 

Step 4: View and Print your Permit Online 

Approximately 6-8 weeks after submission, you can start checking on your permit status.

The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (Commission) will only provide credentials, certificates, and permits through an online view and print process. The Commission will no longer print and mail these documents; they will be available online to colleges, universities, employers, and the document holder within 48 hours of issuance. At that time, a document may be printed from the Commission's website. To check on your permit status, click on the link below and create a (free) educator profile with a login.

Check on your own Permit Status

Search for anyone's list of permits and credentials

Additional Resources


LiveScan Locations

Fingerprint Clearance Information


Contact June Millovich,