Child Development Permit Applications Fast-Tracked and Funded!
Why process your permit through Saddleback CDE Department?
The Saddleback CDE Department is approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process Child Development Permit Applications. The CDE Department also works with the Child Development Training Consortium which pays for the cost of some permit levels.
To utilize the fast-tracked process and have your permit paid for with CDTC funds, you must submit your paperwork through Saddleback CDE Department. Directions are below.
Child Development Permit applications eligible for the current CTC waiver may still benefit from processing by the CDTC Stipend Program. The CDTC reimburses $49 of live scan fees to eligible applicants, reviews all applications for completeness, and provides technical support via email for most corrections, often resulting in a smoother process for the applicant.
As of 8/18/2021:
All levels of the permit including upgrades and renewals are funded.
Step 1: Determine the Child Development Permit level you qualify for
There are two pathways to qualify for a Permit. Choose the best match for you:
- Option 1 for candidates who have work experience in early childhood settings
- Option 2 for candidates who have an AA/AS, BA/BS, MA/MS or Teaching or Administrative Credential
Next, identify the level you qualify for
- Child Development Permit Matrix
- Child Development Permit Matrix with School-Age Emphasis (Best choice for candidates who already have a multiple-subjects teaching credential)
- Child Development Permit Matrix Pathways and Saddleback Courses Highlighted
If your degree was not obtained in the United States, you must have it evaluated by one of these agencies: Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agencies
If any of the courses you need for the permit are currently in progress, wait until you have completed them before completing your application.
Step 2: Complete the Appropriate Application
Select and Complete one of the Permit Funding Applications below. There are several documents contained in each application. Make sure to complete all that are relevant for you.
Note: If you have completed all of the necessary courses at Saddleback or IVC and are applying for the Assistant, Associate, Teacher, or Master Teacher level, you do not need to send transcripts. Simply include your student ID number in the email when you send your application to June.
- First Time Permit Application
- Renewal by Mail Permit Application
- Renewed Online (at CTC website) Application
- Upgrade Permit Application
Owners of Family Child Care (FCC) programs must choose and print one of the Permit Applications below:
- FCC First-Time Permit Application
- FCC Renewal by Mail Permit Application
- FCC Online Renewal Permit Application
- FCC Upgrade Permit Application
Step 3: Scan and Submit your Completed Documents for Processing
Applications are ONLY processed electronically. Paper documents are not accepted at this time.
After you have completed all of your forms, scan and send them to June Millovich, CDTC Campus Coordinator for Processing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to have a very clear subject line such as (your name) Permit Application
- If you are unable to scan or combine your documents into one single pdf, make sure to attach all documents to ONE email.
- If you do not have a scanner, try the free app Adobe Scan the icon looks like this:
- Legible images MAY be accepted if they are clear and printable.
June will begin processing 2021-2011 applications on September 1st, 2021, and continue to process them as they come in until the funding runs out for the year.
Step 4: View and Print your Permit Online
Approximately 6-8 weeks after submission you can start checking on your permit status.
The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (Commission) will only provide credentials, certificates, and permits through an online view and print process. The Commission will no longer print and mail these documents; they will be available online to colleges, universities, employers and the document holder within 48 hours of issuance. At that time, a document may be printed from the Commission's website. To check on your permit status, click on the link below and create a (free) educator profile with a login.
Contact June Millovich, email@example.com