The goal of the psychology program at Saddleback College is to provide a comprehensive introduction to the science of psychology for both students whose major is psychology and those taking psychology courses to fulfill general education requirements. We provide high quality instruction in courses which meet transfer requirements for many four year institutions. Further, personal growth and insight fostered through coursework in psychology will provide students with a repertoire of skills to relate to the culturally diverse world in which they live...
Program Learning Outcomes for Psychology:
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the major theoretical perspectives in psychology.
- Differentiate psychology from pseudoscience
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic research methods for gathering and evaluating data.
- Apply the principles of psychology to the diverse world in which they live.
Damm, Kathryn, Ph.D.
Office BGS 323
Caroline Gee, Ph.D.
Office BGS 307
Core Courses and Resources
- PSYC 1 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 2 Research Methods in Psychology
- PSYC 3 Biological Psychology
Faculty and Students