The Starting Point Mentorship Program, is a peer mentorship program that supports community college students with the application process to UC Berkeley. Applications for the program opens Friday, August 16, 2019.
The Starting Point Mentorship Program (SPMP) has been a UC Berkeley program that supports transfer students for over 19 years. SPMP at UC Berkeley connects community college students with current Berkeley transfer students of similar majors, backgrounds, and/or community colleges. Mentors provide informational support in the navigating the application process to UC Berkeley, along with imparting insight about the transfer student experience at UC Berkeley. Mentorship can be partaken in remotely or in-person.
Requirements for the program include:
- Must being applying to UC Berkeley in Fall 2019 application cycle
- Must have a cumulative 3.2 GPA
Benefits for Mentees:
The SPMP offers many benefits to its mentees including but not limited to:
- Advice and mentorship from a current Berkeley transfer student - remote or in person.
- Opportunities to meet with admissions officers during the application period
- Workshops (During Fall semester) covering an array of topics from admissions to student life
- A chance to visit the campus with their mentor and receive the full picture of the Berkeley student experience.
- SPMP is a recognized enrichment program that can be noted on the UC application
General registration application opens Friday, August 16, 2019. Please note that space is limited, once all spaces have been filled we will generate a waitlist, students will be notified of acceptance or wait list via email. Students can apply here: Starting Point Application.
100 Cesar E. Chavez | transfers.berkeley.edu/startingpoint | 510-642-4257