The PACT (Preparing for a Career in Teaching) Program provides academic counseling and other resources to assist students in choosing appropriate courses and majors to help them prepare for a career in teaching. These resources include workshops, university representative appointments, teacher examination information, campus tours, and the Student California Teacher Association (SCTA) Future Teachers Club. For further information please call 949-582-4328 or visit related links on this webpage, such as the Teacher Preparation Pipeline (TPP) page.
Events: SCTA Meetings - Fridays 1-2pm SSC 211
Teacher Talk - Online Counseling
Teacher Talk allows Saddleback college students to “Talk” with a Transfer Center counselor in a live chat format about any questions which pertain to reaching his/her academic goal to become a teacher. Some questions may require an appointment with a counselor. It should also be noted that all replies are to be used as advisory and informational only and will not constitute an official determination by the transfer institution.
Teacher Talk Schedule
(Times subject to change. Please contact the Transfer Center for updated information.)
What types of questions can be answered during Teacher Talk?
To assure confidentiality and for security reasons online counseling IS NOT available for:
- Personal Counseling
- Transcript evaluations
- Honors Appointments
- TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) evaluation
- TAP (Transfer Alliance Program) certification
Teacher Talk IS available for services such as:
- Clarification of types of credentials
- Roadmap from Community College to Credential
- Testing requirements
- Referrals to online teaching information
- Referrals to four year college credential program representatives
- Clarification of college procedures and policies
- Degree and transfer requirements
- Course prerequisites
- Course offerings and majors available
- Referrals to other programs/services
- Transferability of Saddleback College courses
View the list of FAQ (Frequently asked questions) that might answer your transfer question now.