Directed Learning Activities & Chemistry Modules
Directed Learning Activities and Chemistry Modules provide supplemental support for students looking to gain additional understanding of key concepts through practice grounded in contextual learning. With support and guidance from English and Chemistry faculty, tutors in the LRC Tutoring Center now facilitate Directed Learning Activities and Chemistry Modules for students of all English and Chemistry levels.
Logistics for Students
- Students can complete a DLA/Module by making an appointment through our online appointment schedule, or by dropping by the Tutoring Center located in LRC 212.
- DLAs and Modules should take 45 minutes to complete, with time for a 15 minute discussion/review with a tutor.
- DLAs will be graded credit/no credit, based on the DLA rubric which will be reviewed by both the tutor and student.
- DLAs must be completed in blue or black ink.
- Student will receive completed hard copy of their DLA.
- Electronic DLA Credit Forms must be completed by the tutor and student, and emailed to the student and instructor.
List of Directed Learning Activities
|Simple Sentences||Colons and Semicolons||Summary Writing|
|Fragments||Subject/Verb Agreement||Verb Tense Consistency|
|Run-ons, Comma Splices||Crafting Thesis Statements||Topic Sentences|
|MLA Format||Transition Sentences||Organizing and Outlining Ideas|
|APA Format||Evidence- Supporting the Thesis||Active/Passive Voice|
|Answering a Prompt||Active reading Strategies||Reading Textbooks|
|Compound and Complex Sentences||Commas|
Videos for the above DLAs can be found here: Saddleback DLA video links
For questions regarding DLAs, please email Professor Carrie Goulding (email@example.com)
List of Chemistry Modules
|Subatomic Particles and The Periodic Table|
|Nomenclature of Inorganic Compounds|
|Types of Reactions & Balancing Chemical Equations|
|Molecular and Reaction Stoichiometry|
|Lewis Structures, Molecular Polarity & Molecular Models|
For questions regarding Chemistry Modules, please email Dr. Kim d'Arcy (firstname.lastname@example.org)