Welcome to the Saddleback College Undocumented Student Support webpage. Saddleback College is deeply committed to the inclusion of all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, heritage, national origin, immigration status, religion, age, sexual orientation, or level of ability. Saddleback College is dedicated to student success, inclusion, and the powerful representation of each member of our community.
The Undocumented Student Support webpage provides a variety of resources to our Dreamers, AB540 eligible students and our undocumented students to support academic success. California Assembly Bill 540 (AB540) is a California law that allows qualified undocumented students opportunities to further their education and pay in-state tuition fees at all California Community Colleges.
If you are an undocumented student, there are many resources available to you. Please know Saddleback Colleges caring allies are ready to help and protect our undocumented community and their families. At Saddleback College you will find a safe environment and supportive community.
Welcome to opportunity.
Below is a guide of the steps to complete if you are an undocumented student interested in becoming a student at Saddleback College.
- New Students click here for important information regarding admission to Saddleback College.
- Apply to Saddleback College using the OpenCCC account. Click here to apply today.
- AB540 California Dream Act - learn about the eligibility requirements, resources, and support. Click here for information on AB540.
- The California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form - AB540 Affidavit. Click here to complete AB540 Affidavit Form.
- Complete the online California Dream Act Application by visiting the Financial Aid website. Click here to access the Financial Aid site.
- Schedule a Counseling appointment with Counselors:
Aimee Vaquera, M.S. by contacting the EOPS Office (949)582-4620.
FREE Legal Services
The Student Equity & Special Programs Division has established a partnership with CHIRLA Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights to provide immigration legal services to Saddleback College students and staff. To schedule a legal services consultation with CHIRLA please click here appointments.
CHIRLA holds a weekly Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) clinic to assist in applying for renewal of DACA. To register for a DACA clinic, please complete the appropriate form below:
DACA initial applications (First-time applicant): SLS DACA Initial Screening Questionnaire
DACA renewal application: SLS DACA Renewal Screening Questionnaire
Scholarships and Fellowships
NEW RELEASE! Check out the 2022 List of Scholarships & Fellowships by @immigrantsrise for #scholarships #fellowships open to undocumented students! Learn More: immigrantsrising.org/2022scholarships