Roadmap to Success
Begin by submitting an Application Online.
- Step 1: Contact the VETS Program to discuss your unique situation if you feel it necessary.
- Step 2: Create your OpenCCCApply Account
- Step 3: Complete your Admissions Application Online. Be sure to select the correct Military Status on your Application ex. Active Duty, Veteran, etc.
- Step 4: Read your application email response from Saddleback College and follow the directions in the email.
For assistance along the way: Connect with the VETS Program
at 949-582-4252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1 GET YOUR CLASSES
Collect your DD 214, Military ID and/or Order Papers. Have all Official Transcripts sent to Saddleback College from any schools attended.
Complete the 3-step Matriculation process of orientation, assessment, and advisement (if required): www.saddleback.edu/matriculation.
Make an appointment with a VETS Counselor to complete an Academic Plan / MAP.
Review the Admissions & Records website for Veteran Priority Registration and California State Residency guidelines: www.saddleback.edu/admissions
- Register for Classes
- Directions on How to Register for Classes
STEP 2 GET YOUR BENEFITS
Review: www.gibill.va.gov to learn about VA Educational Benefits.
Visit the VA/Educational Benefits Veterans Office website at www.saddleback.edu/va
Go to the Saddleback College VA Educational Benefits/Veterans Office (SSC 208). You will receive an orientation and complete VA-related paperwork. Allow 20-30 minutes for this process.
For information on all other VA Benefits come into the VETS Center (SSC 207) or call 949-582-4252 to schedule an appointment with VA or County Service Officer.
STEP 3 GET YOUR FINANCIAL AID
Ensure your residency classification is accurate prior to starting the financial aid process.
Visit the Financial Aid website: www.saddleback.edu/fao
Get your PIN (Electric Signature)
Complete the free online FAFSA: www.fafsa.ed.gov
Ensure your file is complete
Complete the online BOG fee waiver