Roadmap to Success
Begin by submitting an Application Online.
- Step 1: Contact the VETS Program to discuss your unique situation if you feel it necessary. If you are still active duty and on base, we recommend you connect with your Education Center and/or ESO first.
- Step 2: Create your OpenCCCApply Account
- Step 3: Complete your Admissions Application Online. Be sure to select the correct Military Status on your Application ex. Active Duty, Veteran, etc.
- Step 4: Read your application email response from Saddleback College and follow the directions in the email.
For assistance along the way: Connect with the VETS Program
at 949-582-4252 or email@example.com
STEP 1 GET YOUR CLASSES
Collect your DD 214, Military ID and/or Order Papers. Have all Official Transcripts sent to Saddleback College from any schools attended.
Complete the 3-step Matriculation process of orientation, assessment, and advisement (if required): www.saddleback.edu/matriculation.
Make an appointment with a VETS Counselor to complete an Academic Plan / MAP.
Review the Admissions & Records website for Veteran Priority Registration and California State Residency guidelines: www.saddleback.edu/admissions
- Register for Classes
- Directions on How to Register for Classes
STEP 2 GET YOUR BENEFITS
Review: www.gibill.va.gov to learn about VA Educational Benefits.
Visit the VA/Educational Benefits Veterans Office website at www.saddleback.edu/va
Contact the Saddleback College VA Educational Benefits/Veterans Office, SSC 208, or 949-582-4870. You will receive an orientation and complete VA-related paperwork. Allow 20-30 minutes for this process.
For information on all other VA Benefits come into the VETS Center (SSC 207) or call 949-582-4252 to schedule an appointment with VA or County Service Officer.
STEP 3 GET YOUR FINANCIAL AID
Ensure your residency classification is accurate prior to starting the financial aid process.
Visit the Financial Aid website: www.saddleback.edu/fao
Get your PIN (Electric Signature)
Complete the free online FAFSA: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Check your application status and verify your Financial Aid: https://www.saddleback.edu/fao/Financial-Aid-Forms
Complete the online California Promise Grant Fee Waiver (formally know as BOG)