Military Tuition Assistance Program

Eligibility for Military Tuition Assistance:

All active-duty military personnel are eligible to receive MTA.

What MTA pays for:

It pays the enrollment fees for classes; students are responsible for payment of all other fees.

How to receive MTA:

Students must bring in a completed tuition assistance form to the college Veterans Office in the Administration and Governance Building (AGB). These forms are available at the base education office.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Why does my student account show money owed even though I turned in a MTA form? The military pays only after the semester is over, and the military has been notified that the student passed the course. When an MTA form is turned in, the college Veterans Office will defer (postpone) the payment deadline for the enrollment fees until payment is received from the military. The college normally receives payment 3-4 months after the end of the semester.
  • If I fail a class, will MTA still pay for that class? No, students must pass each class, or the military will not pay for the class.
  • Who do I contact if I have questions about MTA? Call the college Veterans Office at (949)582-4871