Admissions and Records

California Community Colleges were required to adopt new enrollment priorities effective starting Fall 2014. Please visit the Registration Appointment Priority page to find out how registration appointments are assigned.

Who May Apply?

Admission to Saddleback College is open to anyone who is a high school graduate, has a high school equivalency certificate, or is 18 years of age and shows evidence of being able to benefit from instruction.

Students enrolled in K-12 may attend as Special Admits. Special Admits may only enroll in the classes recommended by their school principal and are required to submit a completed "Special Admission Request Form" each semester of attendance. Students in grades K-12 are not permitted to enroll in Kinesiology (PE) courses. Students in grades 9-12 are limited to 11 units per semester. K-8 students are limited to 6 units per semester.

The college also invites International Students to apply for admission. For more details, please visit the International Student Office website.




Top 10 Student Questions

How do I order a transcript?

You can order a transcript using the online service from any computer connected to the internet. View information about requesting Transcripts.

Can I check if my transcript been sent/received?

You can check the status of transcript requests in your MySite profile under My Information > Transcript Requests.

What is my Student Number or Username?

We send your student number in your permit to register email after you apply to Saddleback College. You can also come in person to the Admissions & Records office for your student number.
Your username is created after you register for classes in a semester/term and is listed in the top banner of MySite once you've logged in. If you've forgotten your MySite login information, please click here.

Can I change my Registration time/date?

Your registration time/date has been assigned based upon certain student population and specific academic criteria. View information on Registration Appointment Priority for details on how Saddleback College assigns registration appointments. Unfortunately, we're not able to change registration appointments.

How do I contact an Instructor?

Please use the college directory or college division/department to find the instructor's contact information.

I have a student number, but I cannot register for classes

There may be several reasons that you're not able to register for classes:


How do I clear a prerequisite?

English or math prerequisites are cleared by the Matriculation Office.

For all other prerequisites, please contact the academic division office where the course originates. Please submit all evaluations two-weeks prior to your registration date.

What is the deadline to drop a class?

Each class has drop and withdrawal deadlines specific to that class. Please view the class detail (click on the information link icon ) in your MySite enrollments or in the online class schedule to view class specific deadlines.

What does an "RD" grade mean on my transcript?

If you have a grade assigned as "RD", this means the instructor of the class did not submit grades by a grade submission deadline. Once your instructor submits grades for the class, a correct grade code will be displayed.

If you would like to contact your instructor, please use the college directory or college division/department to find the instructor's contact information.

How can I get a "D" hold removed so I can register for classes?

A "D" hold indicates that you've been placed on academic or progress disqualification and you will not be permitted to enroll in classes at either Saddleback College or Irvine Valley College.


This academic dismissal is based on either one (or both) of the following conditions:

  • Academic Dismissal: The cumulative grade point average has been below 1.75 for three consecutive semesters.
  • Progress Dismissal: The percentage of units in which the student has been enrolled for which entries of "W", "I" and "NP"("NC") grades are recorded in three consecutive semesters reaches or exceeds 50 percent.
Students given a "D" hold are sent a letter and an email indicating their status and how to proceed with re-enrolling in classes. In order to be considered for readmission, please submit a Readmission Appeal After Dismissal Request Form to Admissions & Records.