Fall 2017 Curriculum Committee Meeting Times and Location:
Curriculum Committee: 3:00-4:00 pm alternating Thursdays opposite weeks of Academic Senate
GE Committee: 4:00-5:00 pm First Thursday of the month
Location BGS 235
- Curriculum Thursdays 8/31, 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9, 11/30
- GE 9/14, 10/12, 11/9
Launch dates for 2019-2020 Curriculum Cycle
These dates are tentative and subject to change based on the status of the
state curriculum system. Update will be posted when available.
March 1, 2018
- New Course Proposals
- Requests for existing, approved courses to be considered for CSU or IGETC General Education
May 31, 2018
- Courses on the Scheduled Review List (list will be posted in March)
- Courses in need of Unscheduled Review (see list of allowable reasons under the unscheduled review tab)
New and Revised Programs: We have adopted a rolling submission date for new and revised programs. There is no one due date per year for all programs.
- Revisions and new program proposals can be submitted at will/as needed and will be added to the list to be reviewed and processed at the local level on a first in/first out basis.
- See the tabs to the right for complete submission resources and information.
- There are many moving parts to program approval, and unique to each application so no catalog publication date guarantee can be given. Variables such as number and type of changes, status of courses, UC approval calendar etc. will effect each individual time line. Be prepared for the process to take two catalog years and be prepared that some programs may move through the state process more quickly or slowly than others so order programs are submitted locally will not necessarily be the order they are approved by the state (meaning someone who submits after you may become state approved earlier based on variables out of local control).
- If course modifications (change to the course prefix, title, or number of units) trigger a certificate or degree change or if new courses are proposed to be part of a new or existing certificate or degree, the courses and/or programs will move through the curriculum approval process at the same time. If either part has a delay in processing for any reason, the other part will be held so that they are entered in to the catalog or addendum, and become eligible for scheduling on the same timeline.