Counselors are available to provide academic, career, and personal counseling. Counselors will help you discover your academic goals, plan your educational program, and develop a comprehensive academic plan MAP. Counselors can also assist you in the decision making process of selecting a college or university and examine entrance major, and general education requirements.

We strive to help you develop strong academic success skills to succeed in college, earn vocational certificates, associate degrees and transfer to a university.

Successful students see a counselor at least once a semester.

Career Education & Associate Degrees

Career Education (CE)
Career Education programs offer a sequence of courses directly related to the high demand skills needed to gain employment in current or emerging occupations. Whether you are just beginning your college career, advancing in your current position, or looking to change careers, Saddleback College offers over 100 certificates and awards in 45 program areas.

Associate in Arts & Associate in Science Degrees (list of major requirements for all degrees)
Major courses plus general education and electives, 60 units required. Usually referred to as AA or AS (Associate in Arts or Science) Degrees. Normally requires two years of full-time study but may take longer. Associate degrees are offered by community colleges, and at Saddleback College courses numbered 1-299 count towards AA/AS degrees.

Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T) & Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T)
For the California State University, under the new law SB #1440, the CSU shall grant a student priority admission to his or her local CSU campus, and to a program or major that is similar to his or her community college major or area of emphasis, as determined by the CSU campus to which the student is admitted. All this can be done by completing a specific Associate in Arts or Science degree at Saddleback College. Please contact the Counseling Department or Transfer Center for further information.

Degrees, Certificates, and Awards Index (list of all majors offered)
General Education Requirements
Department Certificates and Degrees

Bachelor Degrees & University Transfer

Bachelor degrees are offered by the California State Universities, the University of California and in state private and out of state universities.


View the 2023-2024 Student Handbook


Counseling Office

Office Location
GW 201-1

Summer Office Hours
Monday - Thursday:
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.