The mission of the Saddleback College Emeritus Institute is to promote lifelong learning by providing academically rigorous, mentally stimulating, socially engaging, and health improving courses for older adults throughout South Orange County.
Welcome to the Saddleback College Emeritus Institute
As the largest older adult non-credit program in California, we've designed all our classes specifically for older adult lifelong learners.
We look forward to seeing you in class either in-person or online!
Class Schedule Search Tips
- To know if a class meets "In-Person" and/or "Online" check its LOCATION.
- In the Search Bar, type an instructor, facility name, course discipline, etc.
- All Emeritus classes begin with "E" (EART = Emeritus Art, EPHO = Emeritus Photo).
- Health & Wellness classes are listed under EHEA = Emeritus Health.
We've made your first step to join the Saddleback College Emeritus Institute easy:
- Simply complete our online application and you'll be admitted or readmitted within 1-3 business days.
Registering for classes is the second step to join the Saddleback College Emeritus Institute.
You can view the class schedule by clicking the link at the top of the page.
Registration for Spring 2024. Emeritus Institute courses begins January 16, 2024.
- Current students - Click here for instructions to view your current registration appointment.
- New students - after applying, you will receive a registration appointment.
Emeritus Institute classes are held online and in-person all on scheduled days and times.
In-person learning is located at various south Orange County locations. (See the class schedule linked near the top of the page.)
Online learning uses CANVAS and Zoom which you can prepare to use through our CANVAS guide.
Do you have questions about he Emeritus Institute? Fill out the form here!
Learn how to become one of the adjunct faculty members critical to the success of the Emeritus Institute's mission.
Help the Emeritus Institute remain vital and strong!