Students who see full Honors Program benefits must apply to the "Certificate Track." Students who aren't interested in those benefits but want an Honors course experience are welcome as "Walk-In" students.
Benefits to All Students in Honors Classes
- Smaller class size
- Enhanced preparation for upper-division work
- "H" transcript notation for each course
- Student research conference and publication eligibility
- Challenging and enjoyable academic experiences
- Avenues for individual research or experiments
- Opportunities to work in a community of engaged scholars
Benefits of Certificate-Track Status
- Priority registration*
- Eligibility to be considered for honors transfer partnerships:**
- Membership in the Honors Program Canvas community
- Special Honors Counseling appointments
- Free library cards for UC Irvine and UCLA
- Honors certificate and medallion upon completion
- Transcript notation of program completion
- Recommendation letters for transfer and as alumni
* Priority registration appointments are earlier than those given to Freshman Advantage students. Priority registration is regulated by the California Education Code, which specifies that certain populations such as concurrent high school students do not qualify.
** Program completion alone is not sufficient for eligibility to participate in every transfer agreement. See the links above for details.