The mission of the CalWORKs program at Saddleback College is to provide support and guidance for CalWORKs student-parents so they can thrive in their academic journey.
The CalWORKs program at Saddleback College works collaboratively with Orange County Social Services along with social services throughout the state of California and community agencies to support student-parents in achieving their academic goals.
The CalWORKs program promotes awareness, acceptance, and respect for all diverse communities.
- Single or two-parent households who receive cash aid for themselves as well as their dependent children (CalWORKs/TANF) & who have a Welfare to Work (WtW) Plan.
- Must email referral to CalWORKs Counselor.
- Must be enrolled in at least one class and Saddleback College must be the college of record.
- Must be referred by your assigned WTW assigned case manager.
How To Apply for CalWORKs Program
If you would like to participate in the CalWORKs Program at Saddleback College, live in Orange County, and are interested in applying to receive cash aid, please contact the Orange County Social Services office and begin the process.
Or contact your county's Department of Social Service office to apply for Cash and the CalWORKs Program.
- Fresno County
- Los Angeles County DPSS
- Kern County
- Riverside County DPSS
- San Bernardino County
- San Mateo County
- San Francisco County
- Other counties in California
If you are currently receiving cash aid please contact your current county case manager or our Saddleback College CalWORKs office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CalWORKs Counselor and Coordinator
The CalWORKs Program at Saddleback College provides personal, career & academic counseling services from counselors trained to assist the needs of students participating in the CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work program.
We invite you to meet with our counselor many times throughout the semester to accomplish your academic goal. You can schedule an appointment via email at email@example.com or call our office at (949) 582-4207.
|Maria Castellanos||8am - 3:30pm (available on campus)||8am - 3:30pm (available on campus)||8am - 3:30pm (online)||8am - 3:30pm (online)|
CalWORKs Support Services
- Personal, academic, career & transfer counseling
- Case Management
- Priority Registration
- Emergency Gas Cards
- CalWORKs Work Study
- Completion of Social Services documents
- Educational grants (*if budget allows)
- Saddleback College Dates & Deadlines
- Saddleback College Tutoring Center
- Disabled Students Programs & Services
- Career Resource Center
- Financial Aid
- Student Health Center
- Saddleback College IT support 24/7 Support
CalWORKs Work Study Program
The CalWORKs Work Study Program is designed for CalWORKs students attending Saddleback College and interested in working on-campus in order to gain employment experience. Income earned through the CalWORKs Work Study Program does not count against their county cash aid.
Benefits of CalWORKs Work Study
- Professional and work experience for students
- Increased involvement on campus
- Convenience of working on campus
- The student is paid $16 per hour
- The flexibility of working around your class schedule
- Counts as an allowable CalWORKs activity
- Earnings do not count against your cash aid or food stamp