A variety of summer camps are available to the community for children K - 12.
Established in 1984, the UCI Writing Project’s Summer Youth Program has positively impacted thousands of students from around the globe with its mission to improve student writing and learning by improving the quality of teaching. The UCI Writing Project and its Summer Youth Program boasts a network of over 200 certified educators in Southern California to ensure quality instruction suitable for Grades K-12 designed to meet the California Common Core Standards. The program continues to excel and grow each year through the research and guidance of the Director of UCI Writing Project, Dr. Carol Booth Olson.
Young Writers Workshop
Based on the California Common Core State Standards, our workshops offer students a unique opportunity to develop their talent as writers. Experienced teachers guide students through a step-by-step approach to writing.
- Write descriptive, narrative, informational, and argumentative papers
- Practice the six traits of writing : ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and writing conventions
- Share their writing within a supportive circle of friends
- Learn to revise, edit, and publish their work
- Write with command of standard of English language conventions
Young Math/Science Workshop
The Young Math/Science workshops offer students the opportunity to further develop higher level thinking skills through hands-on activities that integrate math and science. To promote critical thinking, students are encouraged to use a variety of problem-solving strategies.
- Math/Science-based Critical Thinking
- Real World Math/Science Application
- The Scientific Method of Logical Reasoning
- Pattern-finding and Educated Guessing
- Math/Science-integrated building projects
For more information, visit the UCI Writing Project website: http://writingproject.uci.edu
Welcome to Emerald Cove Day Camp where children revel in discovery and fun-fueled imaginative play, and parents delight in knowing their children are growing in character, skills, relationships, and faith. Nestled in San Juan Capistrano, California for only six weeks each summer, ECDC offers campers outdoor activities such as archery, nature exploration, and horses along with singing, storytelling, and creative arts. Surrounded by wholesome role models and loads of encouragement, campers build friendship skills, experience new adventures, gain new confidence, and a deeper understanding of God's love. Kids learn through play. Let us help your child play and learn in the most memorable ways.
- Rates: $1525 per session
- Deposit: $350
Summer 2023 Dates
|Session 1||June 20 - July 1||Limited space available|
|Session 2||July 4 - July 15|
|Session 3||July 18 - July 29||Waitlist available|
Emerald Cove Day Camp
Camp Invention® is once again returning to Capistrano USD with an all-new program, Wonder!
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), both Saddleback Community College and Capistrano USD are excited to offer the nationally acclaimed Camp Invention® program to children entering K through 6th grade. This inspiring, weeklong summer experience provides opportunities for open-ended, hands-on exploration of science, technology, engineering and more! Taking on a variety of exhilarating activities each day, children have fun collaborating with friends, thinking creatively, and inventing their own solutions to real-world challenges.
The program is being offered at various locations throughout the district and will be taught by local educators. To see when each program is being offered and register, parents can visit, invent.org/mylocalcamp. The all-new 2023 program, Wonder, will spark the imagination of both new and returning campers with an adventure full of inspiration, innovation and unforgettable discoveries!
During this action-packed, confidence-boosting program, young innovators will:
- Design and build their own mini skate park, customize their mini skateboard, and practice persistence as they take on ramps, bowls, rails and more
- Transform a robot into a one-of-a-kind stuffy while exploring genetics, finding inspiration in nature and taking pride in their individuality
- Take on the role of event planner as they design a grand celebration, invent a Party Assistant, and create a light-up party hat and bubble art banner
- Launch their own pop-up business while building entrepreneurship skills, making smart financial choices, using green energy and attracting customers
Availability is limited, so visit invent.org/mylocalcamp or call 800-968-4332 to secure your child’s spot today!
Saddleback College Youth Camps
Stay tuned - Saddleback College Youth Camps is in development!