Saddleback College's Child Development and Education department offers multiple pathways for students considering work with children prenatally through age 18 and their families in diverse settings.
Coursework focuses on examining theory and applying it to practice to support learning and development outcomes that are educationally, developmentally, and culturally appropriate. Certificates, degrees, and courses in the CDE Department are aligned with state requirements, prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions, and provide professional development opportunities.
Degrees and Certificates
Zero Textbook Cost CDE Programs
You can earn these without having to pay for textbooks!
- Associate Teacher Certificate
- Child and Adolescent Development Associate Degree for Transfer
Careers and Salaries
- Education Administrator, Preschool & Childcare: $52,500
- Child, Family & School Social Worker: $52,440
- Special Education Teacher, Preschool: $50,200
- Preschool Teacher: $36,420
NOTE: The AS-T in Early Childhood Education is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, www.naeyc.org. The accreditation term runs from Spring 2018 through Spring 2025.
Contact the Child Development and Education Department