Math course prerequisites can be cleared at Saddleback College using specific Alternative Evidence. Students who have completed equivalent coursework or passed the appropriate AP Exam may submit their evidence for evaluation and possible prerequisite clearance. Review the accepted evidence options below. If you have suitable evidence, submit the Saddleback College Prerequisite Evaluation Request Form.
Students may submit a district-issued or school-issued copy of their high school transcript, official or unofficial. (NOTE: student/parent portal transcripts and reports cards are not accepted.) The high school transcript must contain the following: successful completion (C or better, no C- grades) of equivalent math courses with an overall, non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
See the Math Placement webpage for specific coursework required to clear prerequisites with a high school transcript.
A district-issued transcript looks similar to the image on below. Prerequisite clearance requires a Non-Weighted GPA, similar to the box below, which is usually located at the bottom of the high school transcript.
Obtaining a District-Issued or School-Issued High School Transcript
If your high school uses Parchment, create an account and download a district-issued version of your transcript.
NOTE: If you have not previously used Parchment, you may need to request that Parchment obtains a transcript from your high school, which can take 24-48 hours. Once you have downloaded a PDF of your transcript, you can upload the PDF using the online submission form.
Students that have completed coursework from another U.S. regionally accredited college and have successfully passed a math courses with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript to clear a math prerequisite.
- All unofficial college transcripts MUST be a complete document, include the student's name, and the college name or logo.
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on a transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college transcript cannot be used.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- All courses to be evaluated must be completed and have a letter (C or above no C- grades) or a credit (CR) grade.
- Degree audits, degree checks, grade reports, class schedules and enrollment verification documents are not considered transcripts and cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word, Publisher or HTML (webpage). Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document as well as altering or editing a transcript in any way will not be accepted.
- Screen captures must include your name and the college's name on each image to be accepted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is the student's responsibility to submit a Prerequisite Evaluation Request to the Matriculation Office to have prerequisites cleared. Submitting an official transcript to Saddleback College does not automatically initiate a prerequisite evaluation.
Students may submit an AP Calculus AB or BC exam score report with a score of 3 or higher. AP Stats exams with a score of 3 or higher can only be used to clear the Psychology 2 prerequisite.
- AP scores on other college or high school transcripts cannot be used.
- College Board AP exam score reports can be accessed online if taken after 2015.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students must submit original College Board AP exam results with a score of 3 or higher. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit this unofficial copy with your Prerequisite Evaluation Request.