The HSE Dual Enrollment Program is designed for High School Equivalency students to enroll in up to 11 tuition-free units each semester.

NOTE: This program is only open to students who are currently attending HSE classes at Saddleback College.

Program Benefits

You can prepare for a new career or be ready to enter the workforce by taking free college courses, while also working towards earning your High School Equivalency Certificate. Start planning your future now!


To qualify, students must meet the following requirements: 

  • Working towards obtaining a High School Equivalency Certificate and enrolled in the HSE courses at Saddleback College. 
  • Age 18 years or older. 
  • Meet with a Saddleback College Counselor to have courses approved prior to enrollment and to have your Adult Education HSE Special Admission Form signed.

Mandatory Steps and Getting Started

Interested Students must complete the following steps: 

  • Step 1: Attend a Saddleback College High School Equivalency Orientation. The HSE Orientation will introduce you to program eligibility and to Saddleback College’s student services, policies, and special programs.
  • Step 2: Complete the Saddleback College Application for Admission (*Omit this step if you are a continuing student) First-time college students who plan to attend Saddleback College semester can click here to apply for admission. *Students Must select “Yes” for currently enrolled in a High School Equivalency Program on Saddleback College application. 
  • Step 3: Must Enroll and Attend High School Equivalency Courses to work towards earning an HSE Certificate (HiSET or GED).
  • Step 4: Schedule an Appointment with a Saddleback College Counselor and Complete a First Semester Plan Saddleback College counselors will help you view program options and select college courses to prepare for registration. The First Semester Plan helps new students determine a potential major/area of study and educational goal. Counselors will also sign their approval of your courses prior to your registration every semester.
  • Step 5: Submit Adult Education HSE Special Admission Form by the Designated Deadline to our Admissions & Records office.
  • Step 6: Register for Classes Online Through MySite. You can view your assigned registration time on your MySite account.

Requirements to Remain in Program

  • See a counselor at least once a semester
  • Submit counselor-approved Adult Education HSE Special Admission Form every semester to qualify
  • Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 every semester
  • Enroll in a Saddleback College HSE course every semester
  • Must work towards completing a High School Equivalency Certificate via the GED or HiSET exam

Have Questions?

If you have questions about the requirements or eligibility of the HSE Dual Enrollment Program, please contact: