The Adult Education ESL (AESL) program provides six levels of Adult ESL instruction ranging from Basic Literacy to Advanced. Additionally, we offer Citizenship instruction that prepares students for success in their naturalization interview. Adult Education students also have access to free tutoring and bilingual counseling services. We proudly serve approximately 2,000 students per semester.
Saddleback College provides free, non-credit, open-entry AESL classes.
Registration for the Fall 2023 semester is now open. Classes will be held from August 21 to December 20, 2023. Sign up now before classes fill up!
- Step 1: Submit Adult Education Noncredit Application
- Click "Create New Account" to begin filling out your application. Your Saddleback Student ID number will be emailed to you after completion of the application.
- Step 2: Create account for ASAP Assessment Testing ID Number
- NOTE: Your ASAP Testing ID is separate from your Saddleback College Student ID Number. This number is used to assess student's level of Adult English as a Second Language classes needed.
- Step 3: View AESL Class Schedule (linked above) to view classes available.
- Step 4: Register for AESL Classes in MySite
- Visit the "Registration Help Center" for help registering on MySite
- Step 5: Attend free AESL classes in-person or online through Canvas!
All of the following are free, zero-unit, non-credit courses!
- AESL 701 - Basic Literacy
- AESL 702 - Beginning Low
- AESL 703 - Beginning High
- AESL 704 - Intermediate Low
- AESL 705 - Intermediate High
- AESL 706 - Advanced Low
- AESL 708 - Citizenship Preparation
- AESL 730 - Vocabulary Development I
- AESL 740 - Vocabulary Development II
*Students can earn CDCP (Career Development and College Preparation) certificates in Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced AESL levels after receiving a passing grade in two courses.