The Adult Education ESL (AESL) program provides six levels of ESL instruction from Basic Literacy to Advanced. Additionally, we offer a course in citizenship that prepares students for success at their naturalization interview. AESL students have access to free tutoring and counseling services. The AESL program proudly serves approximately 2,000 students per year.
Saddleback College provides free, non-credit, open-entry AESL classes. Apply and register anytime throughout the semester!
- Step 1: Create account for Adult Education Assessment ID Number (Also known as ASAP ID)
- Step 2: Submit Saddleback College Application
- Step 3: View AESL Class Schedule (linked above) to view classes available
- Step 4: Register for AESL Classes in MySite
- Visit the "Registration Help Center" for help registering on MySite
- Step 5: Attend free AESL classes in-person or online through Canvas!
All of the following courses are non-credit, free courses!
- AESL 701 Basic Literacy
- AESL 702 Beginning Low
- AESL 703 Beginning High
- AESL 704 Intermediate Low
- AESL 705 Intermediate High
- AESL 706 Advanced Low
- AESL 708 Citizenship
- AESL 710 AESL for Workplace (new course)
*Students can earn CDCP (Career Development and College Preparation) certificates in Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced AESL levels after receiving a passing grade in two courses. We also offer a CDCP certificate in AESL for the Workplace after passing two courses.