Saddleback College has started an automatic degree awarding process. If you qualify for one or more degrees, you may receive a notification that you are being awarded with a degree(s). However, to ensure that the degree or certificate is awarded and posted, students are encouraged to apply through MySite for conferral of the award during their final semester. Official transcripts for any prior work must be on file for the coursework to be considered.
|Spring||March 1 **|
|Fall||November 1 **|
**NOTE: Students applying for an Occupational Skills Award are not eligible for graduation/commencement. Occupational Skills Awards are not posted to the transcript.
Students submitting petitions for a degree or certificate by the deadline date will be entitled to have a graduation date for that semester posted on their transcripts. Petitions received after the posted deadline will be processed with those for the following semester and the graduation date posted on the transcript will be for that following semester.
All official transcripts of previous college work must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Records before applying for a degree or certificate.
Refer to the college catalog for graduation requirements.
- Candidates for graduation submitting a Petition for Degree or Certificate before or after March 1st may participate in the commencement/graduation ceremony.
- Candidates submitting a Petition for Degree or Certificate after March 1st:
- will not have their names appear in the commencement program
- will not receive an honors tassel at graduation, if eligible
- will not have their records evaluated until late summer or early fall
- will receive an August graduation date posted to their transcript