Roadmap to Success
Begin by submitting an Application Online.
- Step 1: Contact the VETS Program to discuss your unique situation if you feel it necessary. If you are still active duty and on base, we recommend you connect with your Education Center and/or ESO first.
- Step 2: Create your OpenCCCApply Account
- Step 3: Complete your Admissions Application Online. Be sure to select the correct Military Status on your Application ex. Active Duty, Veteran, etc.
- Step 4: Read your application email response from Saddleback College and follow the directions in the email.
For assistance along the way, connect with the VETS Program at 949-582-4252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Get Your Classes
Collect your DD 214, Military ID and/or Order Papers. Have all Official Transcripts sent to Saddleback College from any schools attended.
Complete the 3-step Matriculation process of orientation, assessment, and advisement (if required). Visit the matriculation page for more information.
Make an appointment with a VETS Counselor to complete an Academic Plan / MAP.
Review the Registration Appointment Priority for Veteran Priority Registration information.
Step 2: Get Your Benefits
Visit the Saddleback College VA Educational Benefits/Veterans Office (SSC 208) or call 949-582-4870. You will receive an orientation and complete VA-related paperwork. Allow 20-30 minutes for this process.
For information on all other VA Benefits come into the VETS Center (SSC 207) or call 949-582-4252 to schedule an appointment with VA or County Service Officer.
Step 3: Get Your Financial Aid
Ensure your residency classification is accurate prior to starting the financial aid process.
- Visit the Financial Aid page.
- Get your PIN (Electric Signature).
- Complete the free online FAFSA. Visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Check your application status.
- Complete the online California Promise Grant Fee Waiver (formally know as BOG).