This information is intended to provide additional resources for students considering using their VA education benefits at Saddleback. Students are encouraged to complete a financial aid application to obtain a personalized award letter.

The estimated total cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, books, and supplies, and the estimated cost of living expenses can be found here on the Estimated Cost of Attendance page.

Many types of financial aid are available to qualifying students, including Federal Pell Grant, Cal Grant, CA College Promise Grant, and more. 

For many students, borrowing is necessary to finance their college degree. While student loans may be necessary to finance your degree, it's important to borrow responsibly. This means only borrowing what you need. College is an investment in your future.

Students can visit College Scorecard to view estimated student loan debt and current graduation rates.

The South Orange County Community College District Board of Trustees has mandated that full reciprocity shall exist for courses completed at Irvine Valley College or Saddleback College. Saddleback College grants credit for college units earned at any regionally accredited institution of higher education. Course equivalencies are determined by the Office of Admissions and Records in accordance with the policies and requirements outlined in the college catalog. It is the student's responsibility to arrange to have transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions and Records and to apply for evaluations. No more than four units may be awarded for sectarian courses.

A student who has completed an Associate degree from a California Community College or a Bachelor's degree or higher at a regionally accredited college or university has met the Associate Degree General Education requirements at Saddleback College. Please consult with a counselor if your study program requires additional admissions or prerequisites.

Six semester units of general elective credit toward an Associate degree will be awarded for a minimum of one year of active honorable service. In the first semester of attendance, veterans collecting V.A. educational benefits must submit their DD-214 or other military service records to the Veterans Office to be evaluated for these credits. Other veterans who are not collecting V.A. educational benefits will be evaluated by the Office of Admissions and Records.

Veterans may receive credit for work completed successfully in military service schools beyond basic training. Military service credit will be evaluated only upon completion of 12 units in residence at Saddleback College or Irvine Valley College and application for an evaluation of an associate degree, CSU and/or IGETC certification or certificate. Military credit evaluation can be completed through the Veterans Education and Transition Services Center at Saddleback College.

In some cases, additional requirements related to training, experience, or examinations may be required to obtain a license, certification, or approval for which the course of education prepares the individual. Additional program requirements can be viewed in the college catalog.

NOTE: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at: