SADDLEBACK COLLEGE CAMPUS CLOSED: 11 p.m. - 6 a.m.
NO PHYSICAL SEMESTER /ANNUAL PERMITS: Starting fall 2023 we will no longer be sending out a physical parking permit. Your license plate on your vehicle will be your permit and your vehicle will need to be registered on your parking account to park on campus.
LAGUNA WOODS PARKING: Parking Permit Instructions for Classes Taken at Laguna Woods
Parking Q and A
Your first few weeks on campus will be exciting, but they also can be confusing. Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions by new students regarding the parking rules on campus. If your specific questions aren't addressed, call (949) 582-4585 or stop by Campus Police and Parking Services on the lower campus in parking lot 2. We're here to help you understand the rules that you will have to follow if you choose to bring a motorized vehicle to campus.
Permits are required Monday through Sunday at all times. Semester parking permits are purchased online by logging into your MySite account, click my information and clicking on "Parking" the cost is $40 for the semester and $80 for an annual.
Day parking permits can be purchased for $5.00 at any one of the seven parking permit machines.
- Lots 1, 1A, 4, 5A, 5B, 9, 10, and 12.
- Timed metered parking is available in lot 7A at a rate of $1 per hour. (Max 2 hours)
After 5 p.m. students may park in staff parking with valid permit.
NO. No campus parking permit (except ADA placards) is valid in metered spaces. Meters are enforced at all times. Students are welcome to use the metered spaces, but meter rates must be paid.
Yes, your semester or Annual Student or Staff Parking Permits are valid at Saddleback College, Irvine Valley College or ATEP Education Park. The following permits are valid only at the school they are issued by: Daily Permits, Vendor permits, Volunteer Permits, and any temporary Permits.
NO. There is not a grace period. Parking permits are required on campus at all times.
If you drop all of your on campus classes within the first two weeks of semester classes and the first week of summer or 8 week classes and return the permit to the Police department within that same time. A refund can be requested.
It is common for students and staff to temporarily change vehicles. To change your registered vehicle, log in to your MySite account and click "My Information" or "My Work" then click "Parking". This will take you to your parking account.
YES, if you plan to park it on campus. Motorcycles are restricted to parking within designated spaces set aside for motorcycles.
Please understand that absolutely no one enjoys getting a parking citation. If you get a parking citation you MUST do one of two things within 21 days of receiving the citation.
- Pay the citation, by mail using the envelope provided with the citation, pay online at https://saddleback.citationportal.com/ or pay at the Campus Police Department.
- Contest the citation if you believe it was issued in error. You can do this by filing an appeal online at https://saddleback.citationportal.com/ or at the Campus Police station iPads . The appeal process is in accordance with California law, so you will be required to submit a "Parking Citation Review Request." This can be done by going to https://saddleback.citationportal.com/
Reference: California Assembly Bill No. 503 (Chapter 741)
A registered owner (CVC 460, 505) or person responsible for vehicle citations received on Saddleback College property shall be eligible to enroll in a payment plan when they have two or more unpaid parking citations or a single citation of at least $250 from a single Campus Police agency. SOCCCD is comprised of two separate Campus Police Departments (Saddleback College Police Department and Irvine Valley College Police Department) Payment plans are specific to each college. Citations from another agency cannot be combined for a payment plan.
- Once this threshold is met, any citations associated with this vehicle, registered owner, or person responsible may be added to the payment plan, at the time of enrollment. (Citations in a payment plan must all be issued by the same agency)
- If additional citations are accrued during the payment plan period, the plan may not be modified to include these citations, nor will a concurrent payment plan be offered.
- Citations in a payment plan will not count towards immobilization/tow/impound eligibility pursuant to CVC 22651(i) (l).
- Once a vehicle is immobilized/towed/impounded due to other violations, all citations, including those on a payment plan, are immediately due pursuant to CVC 22651(i) (l) (C).
- If an individual requires continued access to parking on campus, the purchase of a parking permit will be required.
The fee to enroll in a payment plan is $25.
Applied late fees, as well as any late fees not yet applied, will be placed in abeyance while the payment plan is in place. If the individual adheres to the plan terms, these late fees will be waived once the payment plan is complete.
- If an individual defaults on the payment plan, a subsequent payment plan will not be offered for those citations and any late fees placed in abeyance will be immediately reinstated. The total amount due, including all late fees, will be submitted to the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles for a Registration hold on the vehicle.
Once the payment plan is in place and the individual is adhering to its terms, an itemization of unpaid parking penalties and service fees will not be filed with the DMV (also known as a "DMV Registration Hold") and any DMV Registration Hold in place will be temporarily removed pending satisfactorily completing the payment plan.
At plan enrollment, an initial payment of 10% of the amount owed (This 10% goes toward the total amount due), plus the $25 enrollment fee (This fee does not go toward the amount due), is required. There is no penalty for prepayment.
Payments must be made each calendar month:
- There is no grace period for late payments.
- For mailed payments, a postmark is acceptable to meet this requirement.
Payment plan duration:
- For balances under $200, payment plans may not exceed four months.
- For balances between $200 and $400, payment plans may not exceed six months.
- For balances over $400, payment plans may not exceed nine months.
If a citation is not paid or appealed within 21 days from the date it was issued a "Notice of Intent" to place a hold on the vehicle registration is mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. Failure to respond to this "Notice of Intent" results in a hold being placed on the vehicle registration through the Department of Motor Vehicles. Saddleback College increases the citation amount by $23.00, and the DMV adds their own fee to the penalty. If you have five or more unpaid citations at any time your vehicle(s) are subject to immobilization and/or impoundment until you pay the citations and all penalty and impound fees in full.
For non-emergency inquiries or assistance, our office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. IF YOU NEED EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, you can contact Campus Police anytime (24 hours per day) during the day or week at the following campus telephone numbers:
Campus Police: (949) 582-4585
EMERGENCIES: (949) 582-4444
Information; Parking Services; Lost & Found; Campus Police: (949) 582-4585
Questions or comments about this page may be sent to:
Andrew Craven, Police Operations Specialist