Saddleback College promises to pay the first two years of college for eligible students. Registration fees, support for book costs, health fee, and ASB stamp are included!
Information for Students: Fall 2022
Recruitment for the fall 2022 Promise Program Cohort has ended.
If you would like to join the fall 2022 cohort during the 2022 - 2023 academic school year, please complete a Promise Program Special Request form. California residency or AB 540 status, full-time enrollment, and completion of a 2022 - 2023 financial aid application is required for admission.
Information for Students: Fall 2023
Recruitment for the fall 2023 Promise Program Cohort has started. We will not be pulling financial aid applications for review until April 2023. Students have until May 1, 2023 to complete the first three items on the To-Do List. The Interest Form is available now for those that would like to placed on our monthly emailing list.
For participating students, Saddleback College promises to pay for the first two years of college. Registration fees, support for book costs, health fee, and ASB stamp are included!
Who Is Eligible?
Students must satisfy the following three criteria to be eligible for the Saddleback College Promise Program:
- Be first-time college students; this program is for students who have never attended college (Students who have taken college classes before high school graduation are still eligible for the Promise Program including Dual/Concurrent enrolled students and Special Admit students)
- Be California residents or be eligible by AB 540/Dream Act status.
- Be willing to attend Saddleback College full-time.
Eligible students who complete the following steps before May 1, 2023 will receive first consideration for acceptance into the Promise Program. Acceptance is awarded on a first come, first served basis and as space in the program allows:
- Apply to Saddleback College for the fall 2023 term or have an active application on file. Saddleback must be selected as the "College of Record"
- Confirm Resident Status as California residents or be eligible by AB 540/Dream Act status
- Submit the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act and have it received by Saddleback College (school code: 008918)
To be fully accepted into the Saddleback College Promise Program, students must also:
- Enroll full-time each semester including:
- Math and/or English during the first semester and both completed by the end of your first year
Requirements to enter Year 2 of the Promise Program (Fall 2024)
- See a counselor once per semester (by October 2023 and by April 2024)
- Complete 2024-25 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and submit all required financial aid documentation by June 1, 2024
- Complete at least 24 units by the end of the spring 2024 semester
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 by the end of the spring 2024 semester
- Be on track to achieve the math and English classes required for the student’s academic goal
If you have questions about eligibility or the requirements you must complete to be part of the fall 2023 Promise Program cohort, please email Georgina Martinez.