Pell Grants provide financial assistance to eligible part-time and full-time students based on financial need.

To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate student who does not have a bachelor's degree or professional degree. The maximum award varies each academic year, and award amounts are based on financial need and enrollment status. Applicants must be US citizens or eligible noncitizen's and complete the FAFSA and other required supplemental documents. Students may apply for a Federal Pell Grant any time after October 1st of each year, for the subsequent fall semester. Students are required to meet Saddleback College Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards to remain eligible

Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU): Students receiving the Federal Pell Grant are limited to six years (12 semesters) or full-time equivalent (600%) of aid. Once a student has received 600% of the Federal Pell Grant, they will no longer be eligible for additional Pell Grant at any college/university, regardless of completion of their selected program of study or Bachelor’s Degree.

Video Resources

What is a Pell Grant?
Can I Receive a Pell Grant if I Go to School Year-Round?