Saddleback College offers reasonable test accommodations to students with documented disabilities who are registered through the Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) office.
To receive accommodated testing, you must first apply to Saddleback College’s DSPS office and also meet with a DSPS counselor to help determine eligibility. Eligibility for accommodations is based upon the nature of the disability and the course curriculum.
Attention Returning Students
- Please download, print, complete and return the following forms to the Accommodated Testing Center: Instructor Notification Request Form; Student Policies & Procedures Agreement
- Bring completed forms and copies of your Test Proctoring Guidelines to the Accommodated Testing Center
- Pick up Instructor Notification Letter to give to your Instructor(s) along with the Test Proctoring Guidelines
- Return all completed forms to the Accommodated Testing Center and bring all your class syllabi to schedule your exams for the semester
If determined eligible, you may qualify for one or more of the following accommodations:
- Sign Language Interpreter (if required)
- Extended time for testing. The amount of time allotted is dependent upon the disability's impact on the student's performance.
- A reader for the test
- A scribe service
- Alternate answering of questions; typing or taping, use of a word processor or oral response
- Modification of test format
- Oral test
- Size of print
- Size of space allowed for response
- Specially lined paper
- Alternatives to computer-scored answer sheet
- Adapted equipment
- Testing to occur in a separate, quiet room with a proctor
Take a moment to mark your calendar with your exam dates from the syllabus. Make an appointment with the DSPS Specialist, to obtain test proctoring envelopes which you should give immediately to the instructor. Your instructor will make arrangements to deliver these tests to the Accommodated Testing CenterSpecial before each exam.
Remember to give your instructor a copy of the Authorized Academic Accommodations form and discuss your accommodations with them.
If you have questions regarding these accommodations or your eligibility for them, please feel free to contact the DSPS Main Office (949) 582-4885.