Prerequisites can be cleared at Saddleback College using specific Alternative Evidence. Students who have completed equivalent coursework or passed the appropriate AP Exam may submit their evidence for evaluation and possible prerequisite clearance. Review the accepted evidence options below. If you have suitable evidence, submit the Saddleback College Prerequisite Evaluation Request Form.
Submit the Saddleback College Prerequisite Evaluation Request Form
Some prerequisites at Saddleback College can be cleared with a high school transcript. Please see the Saddleback College Catalog or Class Schedule to determine if a high school transcript can be used to clear your prerequisite. Students may submit a district-issued or school-issued copy of their high school transcript, official or unofficial. (NOTE: student/parent portal transcripts and grade reports are not accepted.)
A district or school-issued transcript looks similar to the image below.
Only specific prerequisites can be cleared with a high school transcript, so please check the College Catalog or Class Schedule.
Obtaining a District-Issued or School-Issued High School Transcript
If your high school uses Parchment, create an account and download a district-issued version of your transcript.
NOTE: If you have not previously used Parchment, you may have to request that Parchment obtain a current transcript from your high school. Once you have downloaded a free PDF copy of your transcript, upload it for evaluation using the secure online submission form: Prerequisite Evaluation Request.
Students that have completed prerequisite coursework at other U.S. accredited college with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript to clear a prerequisite. See all document requirements below.
- All unofficial college transcripts MUST be a complete document, include the student's name, and the college name or logo.
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on the transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college or high school transcript cannot be used.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- All courses to be evaluated must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
In some cases, in-progress courses can be used to clear a prerequisite but the course must be visible on the students transcript as "In-Progress".
- Degree audits, degree checks, grade reports, class schedules and enrollment verification documents are not considered transcripts and cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word, Publisher or HTML (webpage). Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document as well as altering or editing a transcript in any way will not be accepted.
- Screen captures must include your name and the college's name on each image to be accepted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is the student's responsibility to submit a Prerequisite Evaluation Request to the Matriculation Office to have prerequisites cleared. Submitting an official transcript to Saddleback College does not automatically initiate an evaluation of prerequisites courses.
Students may submit a College Board AP exam score report with a score of 3 or higher to clear many prerequisites at Saddleback College.
- AP credit on other college transcripts cannot be used.
- College Board AP exam score reports can be accessed online if taken after 2015.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students must submit original College Board AP exam results with a score of 3 or higher. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit this unofficial copy with your Prerequisite Evaluation Request.