The Classified Senate shall represent the classified employees of Saddleback College with regard to governance and decision-making, and on matters that are not related to collective bargaining and contract negotiations. (BP-4056)
- To support the professionalism of all classified professionals.
- To encourage individual leadership, contribution, and development among the members of the Classified Senate.
- To provide informed member representatives to serve on the college and district decision-making committees.
- To provide a centralized method of communication among classified professionals, and between classified professionals, and other college and district constituencies.
- To represent the collective interests of classified professionals in all matters before any appropriate policy-making committee. (Classified Senate By-Laws)
Each service area shall select one senator per every ten permanent classified professionals. Senators shall attend and actively participate in all General Classified Senate meetings. Senators shall be the communication link between the Classified Senate and their representational area. (Classified Senate By-Laws)
Upcoming Activities and Events
Classified Senate General Meeting Schedule 2023 - 2024
- All Classified Senate General Meetings for 2023 - 2024 will be:
- AGB 106, President’s Conference Room
- Twice a month on Mondays (please reference the exact dates below)
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
3 - 4 p.m.
|September 25th||February 12th|
|October 9th||February 26th|
|October 23rd||March 11th|
|November 6th||March 25th|
|November 20th||April 8th|
|December 4th||April 22nd|
Holiday Mixer/End of Semester Wrap Up
End of Semester Wrap Up & Flower Sales Prep