Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is an extension of the EOPS program. CARE serves as an educational support/assistance program for single head-of-household parents who currently receive CalWORKs cash aid for themselves and/or their children.
CARE services provide additional assistance to meet the unique needs of a single parent. CARE students may receive the following.
- Academic/Personal Counseling
- Educational Planning
- Vocational Assessment
- CARE Workshops
- Books and Supplies
- Educational Grants
A student is eligible if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Is an EOPS student.
- Is a single head-of-the household.
- Is currently receiving TANF/CalWORKs assistance for themselves and/or child(ren).
- Has a child under 18 years of age.
- Is enrolled in at least 12 units upon acceptance into the program.
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Has attended a CARE Orientation.
Please submit the following forms to the EOPS office (SCC-126) and schedule an appointment with an EOPS/CARE Counselor.