Important Message from HigherOne
As of May 4, 2016 HigherOne ATM's will no longer be on the Saddleback College campus. Student account holders will have fee-free access to cash at 55,00 Allpoint ATMs. These ATMs can be founded at Target, 7-Eleven, Walgreens and may other retail stores.
Please go to www.allpointnetwork.com to find location near you.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
The purpose of the financial aid program is to provide financial assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend Saddleback College.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid consists of funds awarded to students to help meet their educational expenses. It can also provide students with the opportunity to earn money to help cover their expenses.
There are several types of aid offered at Saddleback College which are funded from federal and state agencies and private organizations. The major categories are:
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Awards based on scholastic achievement and other criteria. These awards do not require repayment.
- GRANTS - Awards based upon financial need. They do not require repayment.
- LOANS - Awards which must be repaid, usually after leaving school. Most loans have low interest rates.
- WORK STUDY - Opportunity to earn money for school through part-time employment
As a convenience we have short video answers to frequent questions.
Steps to Apply For Financial Aid
- U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens- Complete the FAFSA online using school code 008918* * AB540 Students- Complete the California Dream Application
- Check on your status online, MyFinancialAid, as well as your email frequently for missing requirements and important messages
- Submit all necessary documents to the Financial Aid Office by published Deadlines
Board of Governors Fee Waiver Changes-Effective Fall2016
Sue and Bill Gross Technical Education Scholarship Application
Online Classes and Out of State Students- If your legal and mailing address is located in another state and you are enrolled in all online (web) classes, you will not be eligible for federal financial aid. If you feel your status is incorrect, you must come into the Financial Aid Office and provide appropriate documentation to show you reside in California