Financial Aid & Scholarships
The purpose of the financial aid program is to provide financial assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend Saddleback College.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid consists of funds awarded to students to help meet their educational expenses. It can also provide students with the opportunity to earn money to help cover their expenses.
There are several types of aid offered at Saddleback College which are funded from federal and state agencies and private organizations. The major categories are:
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Awards based on scholastic achievement and other criteria. These awards do not require repayment.
- GRANTS - Awards based upon financial need. They do not require repayment.
- WORK STUDY - Opportunity to earn money for school through part-time employment
- LOANS - Awards which must be repaid, usually after leaving school. Most loans have low interest rates.
As a convenience we have short video answers to frequently asked questions.
Many students think they don't qualify for financial aid. Please check out some common myths and facts about financial aid recipients. Submit your application today and let us tell you how much you qualify for! Don't assume you don't qualify.
Steps to Apply For Financial Aid
2.Check your status online at, MyFinancialAid,also check your email frequently, for missing requirements, important messages, and updates.
3.Submit all necessary documents to the Financial Assistance Office as early as possible and by the published Deadlines
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet (FAFSA Filers Only)
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet will help you to assess your total costs of attending Saddleback College. Using a simplified format, the sheet presents information about your available financial aid, net costs, and how much you should expect to pay out-of-pocket. This information should be used to help you compare financial aid packages offered by different institutions.
You will be able to access the shopping sheet in MyFinancialAid after your FAFSA information is processed by the federal processor.
How to Access the Shopping Sheet
1.Log in to MyFinancialAid
3.Click on the “Financial Aid Disclosures” button at the bottom of the Home screen
The figures noted in the Shopping Sheet are based on estimates; your specific costs and award may differ from the information provided.
- California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver) Changes-Effective Fall 2016
- New Financial Aid Regulations
- View more Saddleback College Financial Aid TV videos